Monday, July 12, 2010

Buzz off

No turning back now, the hair is a tight number 2 guard on the buzzer. Jolie's worst nightmare has come true, I on the other hand couldn't be happier. Not only will it be much better for the heat and blowing sand, but economical as well. I'm thinking my 1 bottle of shampoo will last at least two 3 month rotations if I keep it this short. Plus, I think the boys got a kick out of taking turns with the buzzer.

At this point I have to just believe that I am ready to go. I've packed and unpacked my bag at least 3 times tonight and each time I have different things in it. I have absolutely no idea what i need beyond all my necessities. So a bunch of books, my ipod, and some pictures of the family will have to suffice. I actually packed my running shoes and shorts, hopefully my schedule (7 days/week 16-18 hrs/day) will sometimes loosen up enough for me to work out. And hopefully when i go to the gym tent there will be no marines there. I would hate for them to have to load all the weight back on the bars after I use them.

Tucker tonight was asking me questions about the soldiers, he asked if they got paid money to be soldiers? I told him they do, just not very much, without pause he said "why do baseball players make so much? it's much harder to protect us from the bad army than play baseball." couldn't have said it better myself.

We had an absolutely perfect final day together out on the water with some great friends, I tried to suck up as much of the ocean as I could for obvious reasons. I've never lived anywhere not near water before, it's just gonna be weird to be in sand, lathered up in sunscreen, but no water. 

I feel like I am supposed to have something fantastic to say to the boys on the morning when they go with me to the airport, but the truth is that i know they couldn't be in better hands while I am gone. Jolie has and always will be the rock in this house, and though there will be some hard times, they will continue to grow as amazing boys.

               "You can kiss your family and friends goodbye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you."
    -Frederich Buechner





2 comments:

  1. Praying for you right now that Gods grace and peace will fill you to the core and give you ALL that you need to do ALL He has planned for you. We love the Muellers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said, my man. take care of yourself and get back stateside soon. sachems on 3, let's go...

    ReplyDelete